The adsorption phenomenon occurs at two different phase interfaces. The adsorption process is the diffusion process at the interface, which occurs on the solid surface, which is caused by the residual attraction on the solid surface. Adsorption can be divided into physical adsorption and chemical adsorption; physical adsorption, also known as van der Waals adsorption, is caused by the electrostatic force or van der Waals gravitation between adsorbent and adsorbate molecules. When the molecular gravity between solid and gas is greater than that between gas molecules, even if the gas pressure is lower than the corresponding operating temperature and saturated vapor pressure, the gas molecules will also Physical adsorption is an endothermic process.
Chemical adsorption, also known as active adsorption, is caused by the chemical reaction force between the adsorbent surface and the adsorbate molecules, which involves the destruction and re combination of chemical bonds in molecules. Therefore, the adsorption heat of chemical adsorption process is larger than that of physical adsorption process.
In the process of adsorption, there is no strict boundary between physical adsorption and chemical adsorption, and the same substance is often chemisorption at lower temperature. The adsorption of activated carbon fiber is mainly physical adsorption, but due to the existence of surfactant, it also has certain chemical adsorption.
3.1 characteristics of VOCs waste gas treatment by activated carbon
(1) The adsorption of aromatic compounds is better than that of non aromatic compounds.
(2) The physical adsorption of branched hydrocarbons is better than that of straight chain hydrocarbons.
(3) The adsorption of inorganic group in organic matter is always lower than that of non inorganic group.
(4) The adsorption of compounds with high molecular weight and high boiling point is always higher than that of compounds with small molecular weight and low boiling point.
(5) The higher the concentration, the higher the adsorption amount.
(6) The larger the internal surface area of adsorbent, the higher the adsorption capacity.
Thank you for reading. This article is from VOC governance equipment. For more information and problems, please click: http://www.yinyehuanbao.com We will continue to work hard to provide services for you, thank you for your support!